Spring 2018 Northeast Para Swimming Development Clinic
April 7-8, 2018
University of Massachusetts/Amherst
Adaptive Sports New England will host the Spring 2018 Northeast Para Swimming Development Clinic at the University of Massachusetts-Amherst April 7-8. This clinic, for developmental and emerging Para swimmers, will feature sessions on planning and mental preparation, small group training sessions, and individualized technique work. National-level Para swimming coaches, joined by current and formere U.S. Paralympics national team members will lead all sessions and will be available throughout the weekend for informal conversations. The specialized coaching and the camaraderie of Para swimmers from across the Northeast will prep swimmers for school or club competition as well as for 2018 Para swimming meets. Pool, dryland and classroom sessions will give swimmers short- and long-term training strategies and specific training tips to bring home.
- $50 registration fee
- Saturday morning through Sunday mid-day
- Training sessions, Saturday lunch, Saturday dinner and Sunday breakfast included
- Athletes responsible for own transportation and lodging
- One-day participation possible (by arrangement)
- School/club coaches of participating swimmers are welcome (by arrangement)
This clinic is for swimmers who:
- have a World Para Swimming or U.S. Paralympics Swimming Sport Class S1-S13, or have a visual impairment or a physical impairment of the type and severity that they might receive such a Sport Class upon evaluation.
- have not qualified for a U.S. Paralympics A or B National Team (emerging group swimmers welcome)
- can safely and comfortably continuously swim at least 100 yards without aid or assistance
Selection of swimmers will be at the discretion of organizers with a 25 swimmer maximum enrollment. If necessary, preference in selection to the clinic will be given to swimmers who
- are middle school or high school students
- train with a school or club team at least once per week for a 12 week season
- live in CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, RI or VT
Application for the Northeast Para Swimming Clinic is open through March 5. Applicants will be notified of their acceptance status by March 9. Applications received after March 5 will be considered on a rolling basis; a waiting list will be maintained. Any swimmer not accepted into the clinic will receive a full refund of eh registration fee. No other refunds will be provided. Swimmers who are unsure if this clinic is appropriate for them or who are unable to afford the expense of participating in the clinic are encouraged to contact the clinic coordinator. Some financial assistance is available.
See Lodging/Hotel Information; DISCOUNTED RATES EXPIRE OCTOBER 17
CONTACT COORDINATOR/COACH MICHAEL PROUT WITH ANY QUESTIONS