Northeast Para Swimming Development Clinic
November 17-19, 2017
University of Massachusetts/Amherst
Adaptive Sports New England, in partnership with U.S. Paralympics, will host the 2017 Northeast Para Swimming Development Clinic at the University of Massachusetts-Amherst November 17-19. This clinic, for developmental and emerging Para swimmers, will feature sessions on planning and mental preparation, small group training sessions, and individualized technique work. National-level Para swimming coaches, joined by current and former U.S. Paralympics national team members will lead all sessions and will be available throughout the weekend for informal conversations. The specialized coaching and the camaraderie of Para swimmers from across the Northeast will prep swimmers for school or club competition as well as for 2018 Para swimming meets. Pool, dry land and classroom sessions will give swimmers short- and long-term training strategies and specific training tips to bring home. So come join Paralympic Gold Medalist, Michael Prout, U.S. Paralympics High Performance Director Queenie Nichols, other Paralympians, and some of USA’s best Para swimming coaches for a weekend of technique work, planning, friendship and fun.
Click here to apply. Only a few slots remain available!
THIS CLINIC IS DESIGNED FOR SWIMMERS WHO:
- • Are age 10-21 (older and younger applicants will be considered)
- have a World Para Swimming or U.S. Paralympics Swimming Sport Class S1-S13, or have a visual impairment or a physical impairment of the type and severity that they might receive such a Sport Class upon evaluation. CALL US IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS!
- Are not on the U.S. Paralympics National Team (emerging group welcome)
- Want to improve both in and out of the water
- Plan to participate in club, high school, college, Para swimming, and/or Para triathlon competition in 2018
- Can safely and comfortably continuously swim at least 100 yards without aid or assistance
- Are serious about having fun
• $50 camp fee ($75 after 9/17)
• 4 pool sessions plus 1 dryland & 2 classroom sessions
• Lunches and dinners included in camp fee
• Transport and lodging on your own (see hotel info below)
• Personal/school/club coaches welcome
• Limited to 25 swimmers
Selection of swimmers is at the discretion of the organizers. If necessary, some priority will go to swimmers who:
-are middle school or high school students
-train with a school or club team at least once per week for a 12 week season
-live in CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, RI or VT
Early-bird applicants will be notified of their acceptance status by September 22. Applications received after September 17 will be considered on a rolling basis; a waiting list will be maintained. Any swimmer not accepted into the clinic will receive a full refund of the registration fee. No other refunds will be provided. Swimmers who are unsure if this clinic is appropriate for them or who are unable to afford the expense of participating in the clinic are encouraged to contact coach Michael Prout. Some financial assistance is available.
See Lodging/Hotel Information; DISCOUNTED RATES EXPIRE OCTOBER 17
CONTACT COACH MICHAEL PROUT
Click here to apply.