Please join us at the Fall 2017 Paralympic Sport Community Day hosted by Adaptive Sports New England in cooperation with Tufts Rowing Teams, Spaulding Adaptive Sports Centers, Community Rowing, Northeast Passage, South Coast Wheelchair Tennis Foundation and many others.
- Sunday, November 5, 2017
- 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
- Tufts University – Tisch Sports & Fitness Center
- 161 College Avenue
- Medford, MA 02155
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR FREE (pre-registrants get a free raffle ticket for U.S. Paralympic Team gear)
What is Paralympic Sport Community Day?
The Fall 2017 Paralympic Sport Community Day is a celebration of Para sport across the region and will include demonstrations, individualized introduction to various Para sports from the region’s top adaptive sport providers, a chance to learn about programs, networking with other Para sport athletes and parents, seminars, storytelling by local Paralympians, and a raffle of U.S. Paralympic Team gear from London, Vancouver, Beijing and other Games. This day is for everyone who loves Para sport, whether you are a 5-time Gold Medalist, a fitness-focused weekend warrior, an aspiring up-and-comer, or a total novice. You’ll see old friends and meet new ones. Please join us!
Who should attend?
Youth and adults who have visual or mobility impairments plus their parents, siblings, friends and other supporters. Most participants in Para sports demonstrate typical cognitive, emotional and behavioral development and thrive in a team setting. Relevant professionals are also welcome.
What is going on?
Sport Clinics: On-going introductory “try-it” stations run concurrently from 10:00-1:00
- Blind/VI running clinic @ 10:00
- Amputee running clinic @ 10:45
- Wheelchair Racing (starting at 11:00)
- Seated and standing throws
- Biathlon & cross country skiing
- Rowing (with Community Rowing)
- Tennis (With South Coast Wheelchair Tennis)
- Archery (with Northeast Passage)
- Boccia (with Northeast Passage)
- Golf (with Spaulding Adaptive Sports Centers – SASC)
- Wheelchair Basketball (with SASC)
- Sled Hockey (with SASC in Everett; 12:00-2:00; register at 877.976.7272)
Seminars and Discussions: For athletes and parents/family
- 10:30 – Para Sport Competition as an adult
- 11:00 – College Sports 101: What every prospective needs to know.
- 11:30 – Inclusion of Para sport in Massachusetts high school sports
- 12:00 – All-parent meeting
Raffle of U.S. Paralympic Team gear
Throughout the event, we will raffle off select pieces of U.S. Paralympic Team gear donated by local Paralympians from their personal team kit. Some items still have the tags on them, though sizes will be limited. Pre-register to get a free raffle ticket. Tickets available for purchase on site.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER